Skip to main content

Junior Loves Play

Had a superb weekend which means I'm sooo having the Monday blues.

I love "just us" weekends. Husband had to attend a two day convention but skipped some sessions. Me and Junior was at home the whole time except Saturday afternoon where we went for early dinner and walked around Vivo.

Vivo was quite an experience hahaha. I know it's family and children friendly but Junior wasn't keen on walking around on his own yet so we didn't really take note of such places until last Saturday. We have tried to let him walk around but he was choosy with the places. We first went into Toys R Us to get him warmed up, and warmed up he was! He couldn't wait to get out of the stroller! Once out, he happily roamed free, trying out this toy and that, wanted to make friends with GIRLS omg Junior you're too young, and when we carried him, he wanted to be put back down so he could walk.


We literally had to scoop him up, hold him tight because he was squirming around trying to break free, then run out of Toys R Us. Sigh.

We then tried bringing him to the play area on the same floor, and once he saw the water shooting out and all the kids, he totally wanted to play! Aww my baby's all grown up! Next time we'll bring his swim suit and extra set of clothes so he can really play.

The weather's really hot too, and now Junior bathes thrice a day after every meal. It's also cos he's in a mess with food everywhere after meals. We let him use his hands to eat, practises his motor skills and at the same time gives me more time to do other stuff! Hurhur.


What I do now is just take his clothes off, pampers off, and high chair into the toilet! Junior cleans the high chair for me, and cleans himself too. 2 in 1. He loves this too, cos he's high enough to reach the shower tap. Whenever I turn it off, he will turn it on again -_-

And last but not least! I made brownies for office's potluck. I feel kinda bad not bringing real food, but oh wells next year I hope! Haha. Modified the Betty Crocker fudge brownie mix cos there were two boxes sitting idly in my larder.


Doctored Up Betty Crocker Fudge Brownie Mix

A bit more than 2/3 cups oil, about 5/6? or 7/8? (box calls for 2/3 cup)
1/2 cup hot water + 1 tsp coffee granules (box calls for 1/4 cup water)
1 tsp dutch processed cocoa (I added)
2 eggs
3-4 tbsp almond meal (I added)
Chocolate chips
Sprinkle of almond flakes

Bake in a 9 x 9 inch square pan for about 25-30 minutes. This is my first time making brownies really fudgy, all along I thought brownies are done when the test skewer comes out clean but that shouldn't be the way. No wonder the brownie is hard after it cools! Haha!

The brownies tastes better definitely, but I think I could add more almond meal and a bit more cocoa. The coffee brings out the chocolate flavour but not overpoweringly so. 

Oh before I go, here's his latest craze: collecting his favourite things and putting them all in the laundry basket. 


There's the remote control blue helicopter hair brush comb lint thingy shoes book clothespeg iPhone cover whisk house phone. And he'll drag this basket round the whole house! So cute :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daiso Ramekins

Finally finally went to Daiso!! Wanted to go there for ages already! The first thing I came in, went to the cooking section. Found my ramekins! But they're not white. Oh wells. Can't be choosy for $2 ramekins! There were white ones, but super small white ramekins. And pie tarts too! Oooh so tempting! But I don't know when I'll make tarts hurhur. Actually I'm still thinking what I should bake using these ramekins. I remember having one of those "I wish I had ramekins right now" moments but I can't remember when. Maybe when I was making lava cake . Daiso is evil. It's so cheap you just feel like coming back again! Oh and did I mention there's a $2 weighing scale?! Measures up to a kilo but that's quite alright for baking isn't it! I mean, $2!! Dirt cheap lah. Not sure about the accuracy though. Didn't do much cleaning last weekend, very much spent lazing around at home just like what weekends should be like. I love being at ho

Apam Balik

I love apam balik. The soft one, with lots of corn. So when @khairulaming posted this on his instagram, I bookmarked it. The recipe is not too much until you get sick of eating apam balik, but I do feel it needs some tweaks to get the pancake king version. But not bad for a first try. 2 cups flour 1/2 cup sugar 1 tsp baking powder 1/2 tsp baking soda 2 tbsp melted butter 1 1/4 cups water 1 egg Additional butter for the pan I do feel it needs some salt, more sugar and I shouldn't have liberally made it so thick HAHA. The pan is important too, I kinda burnt some parts of the pancake. Got them bubbles!! This recipe made 2 large pancakes. Also, the filling needs to be sprinkled with sugar liberally (read: 3 tbsp or so), my first try wasn't enough. Pancake was soft even for the next few days after that (kept in the fridge then reheated in the microwave). Husband found it to be acceptable, but I was kinda not okay with it but ohwells. I can tweak it

Rice Cooker Chicken Mushroom Claypot

All in one pot cooking, what's not to love!  Got this off tiktok, but I figured the chicken and mushroom in the recipe isn't enough. Wasn't really one pot cooking cos I cooked half of the chicken on a pan then added it later after the rice cooker was done. Rice Cooker Claypot Chicken marinade: 600g boneless thigh, cut into cubes 6 garlic, pound 2 inch ginger, pound 6 tbsp soy sauce 2 tbsp oyster sauce 4 tbsp sweet soy sauce Rice: Half of the chicken marinade above 2 1/2 cups rice 2 1/2 cups water 3 tbsp sesame oil 2 tbsp soy sauce 1 1/2 chicken cube (maybe 2 also can) 300g shitake mushrooms Coriander leaves, cut Spring onions, cut Marinate the chicken and leave it for about 30 min. Wash the rice. Add half the chicken marinade and all other ingredients into the rice cooker and mix well Cook using rice cooker. I cooked the remaining chicken over the stove and added the chicken, juices and all, into the rice cooker when it was just about done and needed a few minutes to set. M